When she’s not working in the beauty and fashion industry, Brianna Egglestone is making videos for her YouTube channel, Love Raw Vegan. “I’ve been vegan for three years and love experimenting in the kitchen,” she says. “I prefer to use minimal ingredients and create dishes that can be made in 15 minutes or less. I always loved vanilla pudding as a child, and adding in the raspberry swirl with chocolate bits turns a fun dish into something elegant that is always a hit at parties.” This recipe was awarded “Best Dessert” in VT’s 2014 Reader Recipe Contest.
- Calories: 318
- Carbohydrate Content: 56 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 18 mg
- Sugar Content: 39 g
- 3 Tbs. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla coconut milk or soymilk
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2–8 Tbs. organic cane sugar
- 1 Tbs. cornstarch
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. To make Pudding: Stir together cornstarch and 2 Tbs. water in small bowl. Transfer to medium saucepan, and whisk in coconut milk, then sugar and vanilla.
2. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Cook 2 minutes, or until mixture has thickened. Remove from heat, and cool 10 minutes. Spoon 1/2 cup Pudding into four glass cups. Cool, and then chill in refrigerator.
3. To make Topping: Combine sugar and cornstarch in medium saucepan. Whisk in 1/3 cup water. Add raspberries, and bring to a boil. Simmer 1 minute, or until mixture thickens. Cool, and then chill.
4. Spoon 1/4 cup Topping over each Pudding. Sprinkle each serving with chocolate chips.