Cook up a family-size golden griddle cake — all in one pan! For a different flavor, swap blueberries for blackberries or sliced strawberries.
Yogurt, for serving
- Place 12- by 17-inch rimmed baking sheet (half sheet pan) on center rack of oven. Heat oven to 450°F.
- In small saucepan, combine blueberries and syrup and cook on low until heated through, about 5 minutes; keep warm.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In second bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, sugar, honey and vanilla. Melt 3 tablespoons butter and whisk into buttermilk mixture. Pour wet ingredients over dry ones and fold just until no traces of flour remain (batter will be lumpy).
- Carefully remove hot pan from oven and swirl remaining tablespoon butter all over bottom to melt. Immediately pour in batter and quickly spread evenly.
- Bake until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 13 to 15 minutes. Cut into pieces and serve immediately with warm blueberry sauce and yogurt, if desired.
Nutritional Information (per serving): About 265 calories, 6 g fat (3.5 g saturated), 6 g protein, 370 mg sodium, 48 g carb, 1 g fiber