Dark circles are the second most common skin complaint. If you’re looking for an all-natural way to combat tired eyes, discoloration and puffiness, there are some easy ingredients that you have at home that can work just as well or better than expensive spa treatments. This method is seriously liquid gold!
Many people think lack of sleep causes the appearance of dark circles, but it’s a little more complex than that. This natural DIY treatment contains high levels of collagen. A recent study on collagen shows a “significantly higher skin elasticity level” and a “positive influence” on skin hydration and evaporation. Read below to learn more about how this eye mask can help address the causes of dark circles, puffiness, skin inflammation and aids in hydrating dry skin + wrinkle reduction!
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 4 scoop Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
- 1 packet raw Marine Collagen
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Parchment Paper or Pre-made eye masks (these are the only natural ones I’ve found, and they’re re-usable!)
- 2 slices of pineapple
- 1 squeeze of lemon
- Combine raw cashews, marine collagen, coconut milk, pineapple, lemon + water in blender
- Blend on high
- Combine mixture with beef gelatin in a pot on the stove
- Mix until gel-like consistency
- Remove and place onto parchment paper
- Let cool + cut eye mask shapes with a knife
- OR: Alternatively, add mixture to one side of pre-made eye masks + let cool
- Apply to eyes. Let the magic mixture go to work for 15-30 mins. Remove.
- Use within 24 hours or store in water to keep hydrated
WHY IT WORKS:
- Cashew nuts help our body to utilize iron properly and eliminate free radicals. They contain high levels of riboflavin, pantothenic acid, thiamin, niacin + vitamins E + K.
- Beef gelatin promotes youthful skin, healthier hair, and stronger nails.
- Marine collagen makes your skin appear smoother and more supple. In studies, it has been proven to prevent the formation of deep wrinkles and actually decrease wrinkle appearance by up to 80%
- Pineapple contains vitamin A, which has the ability to reduce inflammation and also act as a natural anti-fungal and antibacterial.
- Coconut milk has high levels of Vitamin C which helps maintain elasticity and flexibility of skin. It is also rich in copper, and prevents wrinkles, sagging skin and age spots.
- Lemons are rich in vitamin C and citric acid, so they can help brighten and lighten your skin when used over time. Vitamin C is a great antioxidant for neutralizing free radicals and boosting collagen production.
Source: The Organic Life Blog