We’ve been conditioned to think that sulfates, parabens, silicones, and [insert unpronounceable chemical here] are part of the bargain of having best natural hair if you want great hair. These revolutionary and efficacious blends of what Mother Nature gave us are here to tell a different story.
Ah, the ultimate Catch-22: If your hair is greasy, experts will tell you to stop washing it daily. But if you don’t wash it daily, it gets… greasy. So what’s a girl to do? Dry Shampoo. This one is an all-natural and surprisingly simple blend of four starches—arrowroot and rice powder, kaolin clay, and baking soda—plus two essential oils (rose geranium and palmarosaa) for a light, blossomy scent. The sprinkle-on formula takes a little getting used to; the non-aerosol delivery system is less potentially harmful on your lungs.
- A Miracle Worker. A Powerful Combination Of Organic Powders Masks Grease & Adds Volume + Life To Unwashed Hair
- Organic Arrowroot Powder, Kaolin Clay & Baking Soda Absorb Oil + Mattify Hair While Organic Essential Oils Of Rose Geranium & Palmarosa Create A Beachy Rose Smell
- Made With Organic & Wild-Harvested Ingredients
- 100% All Natural & Non-GMO
- Paraben free, Sulfate free, Cruelty free
I realize that you shouldn’t choose hair products based on smell, but you have to admit that it’s not not a factor. One whiff of the aromatic oils and flower essences that compliment Innersense’s natural protein formulations, and you’ll be hooked. Then, you can bask in the effectiveness of the sulfate-free shampoo and conditioning duo’s moisturizing and build-up blasting capabilities.
- Pleasing to the senses this gentle delicate hair and scalp bath is derived from the fatty acids of apricots and natural plant sources.
- It is a 100% sulfate-free formula that’s perfect for salon color treated hair.
- Hair is left healthy clean full of bounce and vitality without residue or dryness.
- Sunflower seed extract a natural color protector adds glorious shine and protects color from fading.
Josh Rosebrook has created a masterpiece. This spray adds volume to your hair with yucca starch, and works whether you blow dry, air dry, or use as a pick-me-up between blowouts. A zippy blend of horsetail, lavender, sage, thyme, rosemary and peppermint extracts stimulate the follicle, which in turn yields stronger, healthier hair right from the root.
I never thought I really needed a hair oil. I WAS WRONG! Turns out, even if you don’t have particularly dry hair, the sleek elixirs can lend a helping hand. Prim Botanicals blends organic, natural, and wildcrafted oils—coconut, argan, moringa, evening primrose, should we go on?—in this miracle-in-a-bottle, which can be used as a pre-shampoo for extra moisture, or massagds through damp strands as a heat-protectant. It’s light enough to work in even the finest hair, and seals in split ends when used as a final step grooming aid.
- The Hair Oil, with its incredible medley of oils like Virgin Coconut Oil from The Philippines, Camellia, Moringa, Marula, and Black Seed work overtime to ensure that your time is never wasted.
- Deeply hydrating and nourishing, it helps make unmanageable hair manageable, breathes life into lifeless locks, adds shine to dullness and mends split ends.
- It’s like having a fairy god mother- and the magic won’t disappear after midnight.
- Plus, it works to protect your hair from the damaging effects of heat and over styling.
- Drying times decrease, flat irons work better and happier hair is had by all!
Siam Seas The Shine Booster Coconut Shampoo & The Shine Booster Coconut Hair Treatment ,$25-$28 (siamseas.com
If you’re hair is extra coarse, thick, and/or dry, you’ve probably tried coconut oil as a treatment. Here’s one better: Siam Seas’ Coconut Shampoo and Hair Treatment combines cold-pressed virgin coconut oil, a distillation of coconut fatty acids, and B vitamins to cleanse, smooth and moisturize in the gentlest way possible. Plus, unlike the stuff straight from your pantry, the shampoo works into a satisfying foamy lather and the conditioner feels more like a cream lotion, not a greasy slick.
Yarok specializes in natural-based stylers, like a foamy mousse and a just-right cream. The mousse gives volume at the roots with rice extract and vegetable glycerol; the curl-defining cream quenches ringlets with aloe vera and argan oil. The smell good, they work, and they don’t contain a single ingredient cooked up in a lab.
- Yarok Feed Your Roots Volume Enhancing Mousse is a vegan styling mousse for fine and limp hair.
Carol’s Daughter Organic Hair Care Products
Carol’s Daughter is an amazing line for girls with coarse curly hair, with many natural textured hair fans. The Monoi line is one of the original offerings of these sulfate-free botanical-based hair products that use monoi oil to condition over-stressed, damaged, and over-process hair back to butter. You can find the whole line at Target, too!
- Carols Daughter Black Vanilla Moisture & Shine Leave-In Conditioner, 8 Ounce, (Amazon US$11)
- Dry, dull, brittle hair can be fixed in an instant so hair can immediately be more manageable and softer with lots of shine.
- This weightless leave-in conditioner restores natural moisture and adds strength to your hair.
- The blend of Wheat Protein and Pro-Vitamin B5 fortifies your hair so it’s healthier and won’t break when detangling.
- Made with natural moisturizers instead of synthetic silicones for true hydration that doesn’t rinse away and can be used every day without the fear of weighing-down your hair.
- Carols Daughter Black Vanilla Moisture & Shine Hydrating Conditioner, 12 Ounce (Amazon US$12)
- You can instantly put an end to dry, dull, brittle hair.
- When you naturally balance hair’s moisture – manageability, softness and shine are just around the corner.
- This rich hydrating conditioner can do just that, plus it detangles and makes hair easier to style.
- The blend of Pro-Vitamin B5 and Biotin strengthens and softens hair when it’s wet so there are fewer snags, snaps and tugs.
- And, it’s light enough to use daily and is also perfect as a co-wash.
- Carols Daughter Black Vanilla Moisture & Shine Sulfate-Free Shampoo, 12 Ounce, (Amazon US$8)
- When your hair has the right balance of moisture the rest just falls into place – manageability, shine, softness – no matter how dry, dull or brittle the hair.
- So, fix it in an instant with help from this sulfate-free, color-safe shampoo that cleanses and restores your natural moisture without adding weight to your hair.
- Aloe Leaf Juice hydrates your hair so it’s softer and more manageable, while Sweet Clover and Rose Extract give hair oodles of healthy shine.
- Powerful ingredients at work: – Aloe Leaf – Calendula Flower – Wild Rose – Soy – Lavender – Sweet Clover – Sage – Nettle – Rosemary
Organic Shea Moisture Products
- Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie, 12 Ounce (Amazon US$12)
- Organic Shea Butter, Coconut Oil and sweet Hibiscus
- Restores moisture, reduces frizz and detangles hair for bouncy, healthy curls
- Made with natural and certified organic ingredients
- Shea Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner Set – Jamaican Black Castor Oil Combination Pack – Strengthen, Grow & Restore System – 16.3 oz Shampoo & 13 oz. Conditioner, (Amazon US$20)
- COMPLETE STRENGTHENING SYSTEM – Shampoo & Conditioner Combo Set Fortifies & Softens Brittle Hair With Powerful Moisturizing Ingredients
- GROWTH PROMOTING SHAMPOO – Deep Cleansing Formula Removes Buildup & Prevents Breakage With Jamaican Black Castor Oil & Apple Cider Vinegar
- ULTRA RICH CONDITIONER – Reparative Conditioner Uses Organic Shea Butter, Keratin Proteins & Peppermint to Smooth & Detangle Dry, Damaged Hair
- HEALTHY HAIR CARE FOR ALL – Cruelty-, Sulfate- & Paraben-Free Elements are Always Organic & Natural if Possible; Great for Curly, Straight, Thick or Thin Texture
- NATURAL ORGANIC INGREDIENTS – Shea Moisture Conditioners Integrate Healthy, Green, Sulfate-Free Elements When Possible; Great for Curly or Straight Hair
- Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Reparative Leave-In Conditioner – 16 oz, (AmazonUS$11)
- Removes build up while infusing hair with moisture
- Gentle enough for everyday use