If you’re already eating organically, recycling regularly, and using eco-friendly sprays to clean your home, then you’re more than ready to take the plunge into natural or organic beauty. Whether you’re looking for organic skin care or paraben-free makeup, there are plenty of choices that do as much good for your face as the Earth. We gathered up our favorite brands that use either all-organic ingredients or a mix of natural and organic ingredients. Honestly, though, it’s what they don’t use that really counts: no unnecessary chemicals, fillers, parabens, or additives.
Everything in these products—right down to the packaging—is good for you. They’re created without pore-clogging mineral oils and aren’t tested on animals. Plus, founders Julia Wills and Alexander Kummerow believe the routine of applying it should be just as enjoyable as the results—which is why they put emphasis on the cute packaging, which you’ve no doubt seen all over your Instagram feed.
- A Truly Beautifying & Skin Softening Mask
- Great To Use Any Time Your Skin Needs Extra Nourishing & TLC
- Contains No Fillers, Just Skin Softening Natural Botanicals & Clay
- 100% Natural & Effective – 100% Vegan
- Directions for using the mask were too vague
- The powder is a little messy to use and has a slightly disagreeable scent
The cult-favorite, natural Australian skin care brand Lano recently launched in the U.S. Not only is the packaging so adorable it’ll make you want to hoard every tube, its hydrating and healing effects truly make it a must-have product. The brand’s chosen ingredient, lanolin, has been dubbed “nature’s wonder moisturizer” by founder Kirsten Carriol due to the fact that the natural oil found in sheep’s wool is extremely emollient.
- Utilising Ultra Pure Grade lanolin (Nature’s Wonder MoisturiserTM which has a molecular structure
- Free from artificial colours and fragrances parabens petrolatum PEG’s mineral oil and sulphates.
- Texture and feel on the hands is not nice
Inspired by geisha beauty rituals, Tatcha was created by Victoria Tsai with a less-is-more approach to skin care in mind. After battling eczema, she realized the importance of healthy ingredients and wanted to create products as safe as they were effective. The best part: Tsai splits her time between the U.S. and Japan (so ahead-of-the skin care curve), where she discovers and creates the formulations for all her products—so you know they’re good.
- A travel-friendly spray-on serum for dewy, glowing, luminous skin.
- Moisturizing mist
- Deliver a very fine mist that is evenly distributed on the face and neck
- Weird scent
This may be the granddaddy of organic lines, with almost 100 years to its name. With no synthetic anything added into its formulas along with no animal testing, the brand is committed to keeping it all-natural. No wonder its multipurpose Skin Food is legendary among beauty editors.
- For dry and rough skin
- Intensely moisturizes and smoothes skin
- With pansy, calendula and rosemary extracts
- Certified natural skin care
- No chemical ingredients, synthetic fragrance or petrochemicals
- Smells plant based and slightly medicinal
- Quite thick and greasy
This might be the easiest natural line to grab at the drugstore, but it doesn’t mean that it’s not effective and serious about its ingredients. The brand never uses propylene glycol, butylene glycol, polyisobutene, parabens, phthalates, petrolatum, DMDM hydantoin, sodium lauryl, sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, mineral oil, paraffin, or synthetic sunscreens—a.k.a. all the icky stuff you don’t want in something that’s hanging out on your lips all day. It’s so safe, you can actually eat it.
- Pack of two tubes of Tinted Lip Balm, Rose, a soft red color
- Hint of color with 8 hours of moisturization
- Moisturizing texture in a sheer finish
- Available in 6 sheer, naturally flattering shades
- 100% natural ingredients including shea butter and botanical waxes
- Color is a little darker
Makeup artist Rose-Marie Swift regularly gives models their girl-next-door glow. Her natural products (like her popular Living Luminizer, which uses mica to impart a gentle sheen to skin) contain the absolute bare-minimum ingredients, and earth-minded model like Miranda Kerr have given them their approval.
- Doubles as an eye cream to nourish and moisturize the eye area.
- Nourishing and moisturizing.
- Works amazing on dry or aging eyes.
- Should be applied very sparingly and worked into the skin like you would a moisturizer.
- It creases after several hours
The basis for all of model-turned-entrepreneur Josie Maran’s products is 100 percent organic argan oil, which infuses everything from tinted moisturizer to nail polish removing wipes. Or just grab a bottle of the oil itself, packaged in eco-friendly glass. The Whipped Argan Oil Intensive Hand Cream goes on lightly with a sweet but not overpowering scent and offers hours of moisture.
- 100% Pure Argan Oil in a creamy, luscious shea butter base
- It sinks in and nourishes itchy hands from the inside out.
- Scrumptious scent is a treat for the senses. Winter or summer, it puts satin-soft hands within our grasp.
- Makes your skin feel very moist
- Vanilla scent smells very light
Harper is committed to chemical-free products that make use of natural, bio-active ingredients in her skin care line. The award-winning Resurfacing Mask has a unique gel-like texture that refines skin with pore-minimizing witch hazel, detoxifying pink clay, and hydrating beet extract.
- An instant solution for dull skin. Leaves skin feeling smooth, looking fresh, and glowing.
- Delivers an instant glow and smoothes the look of skin.
- Helps minimize the appearance of pores.
- Buying directly from Tata Harper ensures the freshest, always guaranteed authentic product. Please check the seller before you purchase your product.
This cult beauty brand’s award-winning Exfoliating Foaming Cleanser is a huge hit among beauty editors and you’ll find familiar ingredients like sugar, lemongrass, and coconut oil throughout its roster of products.Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser, $33
- Safe For Sensitive Skin, We Promise To Use Only 100% Pure Ingredients
- Purifies Pores, Reducing Toxic Build-Up, Dirt, Whiteheads & Blackheads, Reduces Dry Skin Build-Up & Blemishing Of All Kind
- Promotes Radiant, Smooth, Even Skin Tone
- Smooths & Softens Complexion and Jump Starts Collagen Production
- The product label may vary slightly but do not change the product itself whatsoever.; Made in USA, Cruelty-free
- Was a bit rough when first rubbing it on the face
Better close the lid tight and seal it in plastic until the last bit. It will dry out easily.
Using natural Indonesian ingredients (inspired by the founder’s roots in Bali), this skin and body brand is known for bringing candlenut oil to the United States. Before the launch of Juara, candlenut oil was relatively unknown here, which might be why the brand’s deliciously scented and moisturizing Candlenut Body Crème is so popular.
- Leaves a smooth, Velvety finish
- Skin is soft and supple
- Especially Suited For: Dry, rough skin
- Scent was a bit smelly